Damiana Tea. I’m not going to lie, when I heard Damiana comes in tea form … I was excited! I’m a sucker for herbal teas. I’ll do anything to avoid swallowing pills. Coined as the “lovers tea,” this peeked my interest.
So I investigated…
What Is Damiana?
Damiana Tea is native to Central and South America. It’s sometimes referred to as Mexican Damiana. It comes in tea, herb, and extract form. It’s most widely used to increase libido and is sometimes referred to as “natures aphrodisiac.”
Sounds good to me…
Damiana Tea comes from a shrub. The shrub flowers into these beautiful yellow flowers that are then used for their aphrodisiac abilities. The leaves are then dried and made into tea. You can buy Damiana seeds and start the process right in your own backyard.
This herb helps with other ailments, as well …
- Menstrual Problems
- Prostate Problems
Sounds good, right? Unfortunately, I found some pretty bad side effects of Damiana…
Damiana Side Effects
I vow to always tell the truth. I’m not going to lie “Damiana Tea” is a search term that is in demand. The buzz is out on this libido increasing tea.
Unfortunately, I won’t try it…
Investigating Damiana side effects made me hesitate to order it. Why use something that has a 50/50 chance of increasing libido and with a slew of side effects? Especially when there are great herbs that are void of side effects!
Here are complaints and side effects of Damiana …
- Insomnia (Due To Caffeine)
- Liver damage
- Hard on the stomach
- Makes you jittery
- MAO Inhibitor
- Can’t take while pregnant
- Sore Breasts (This could be due to your breasts increasing in size)
The above statement is only my opinion. If you chose to give it a try, drink the tea 2-3 times a day for maximum benefits.
- I had to throw this one in. Damiana was once thought of as a herbal marijuana. The “high” was similar to that of pot.
- Rumor has it that this may be a good herb to take to increase your bust size. Hence why a side effect is sore breasts.
- Though I won’t drink the tea, my husband I will have a small glass of damiana liqueur after dinner. Mostly on nights that we are going to be intimate. This liqueur is from Mexico and has been used for centuries to increase desire in women. LOL! Well….it does have an arousing effect. I experience non of the above side effects with the liquor. Available at BevMo.