There really are foods for male libido. If you’ve read our top aphrodisiac foods list, then you know that the food is healthy and can be a powerful libido booster.
We are huge advocates of using our food as medicine. God created food to nourish and sustain us. We just need to educate ourselves on what particular foods to eat.
Long before pills there was food!
Besides fixing yourself aphrodisiac foods, there are certain foods men should eat and stay away from. Let’s take a look …
Food To Increase Male Libido
1. Consume foods high in protein and low in carbohydrates. good fats should be eaten in moderation. Some of those good fats are:
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil (uncooked)
2. Fatty Acids are very important. Fatty acids help produce sex hormones. This includes testosterone. Choose foods that are high in essential fatty acids such as:
- flaxseed (Great in smoothies and oatmeal)
- Krill Oil (One of the best ways to absorb and get your fatty acids and omegas.
3. Eat most, if not all, of your carbohydrates via organic vegetables. Some veggies may require you to pop a mint afterwards.
- Tomatoes (So many internally good things happen when you eat tomatoes. Believe it or not, tomatoes assist in the production of testosterone.)
- Garlic ( I suggest pressing 1 clove a day. Put the garlic on top of a tomato and sprinkle it with sea salt. Yes, it takes a little getting used to. Garlic contains Cilicin which has been proven to increase libido.)
- Watermelon (The effects of watermelon has been compared to the pill Viagra. I don’t think you need any convincing on this delicious fruit. It’s good, refreshing, and helps relax blood vessels.)
- Greens ( Eat your greens. Namely artichokes, lettuc, cucumber, spinach, and kiwi fruit. All of the above contain high levels of zinc. Zinc boosts libido.