Being aware of the basic low testosterone symptoms is important. Women aren’t the only species that go through hormonal changes. Men are susceptible to them too. Low testosterone in men is more common than you may think.
I’m not a doctor or even in the healthcare industry. However, I have suffered/experienced my husband having low T. So, I suppose we bring some expertise to the subject matter.
It all started two years ago. My robust and energetic husband had a shift in his demeanor. Here are a few of the symptoms that we experienced.
- My husbands abundant energy levels had diminished. His usual after work routine had changed. Instead of heading outside to play with the kids, he would head for the couch.
- His overly robust sex drive was diminishing. I though, “is it me?” How could there be such a big change in and out of the bedroom?
- During our occasional intimate moments, his erections seemed weak. I took it as a lack of interest in me. It never dawned on me that a man in his thirties could have a testosterone problem!
- It’s a running joke in our household that the scale does not budge; at least for my husband! I swore it was always stuck at 165 pounds no matter what! However, that all changed. He noticed the pounds creeping on. Something we had both never experienced!
The above low testosterone symptoms were enough to elicit a visit to see the doctor. Sure enough, his testosterone levels were below 300 ng/dl. Normal testosterone levels in men is at or above that number. Finally we had pin pointed the problem. Now what?
Me being a believer in holistic approaches decided to investigate. Besides taking supplements what else could we start with? I also started reading about how food can raise testosterone in both men and women! Here is the list of testosterone foods that really work!
Now, my husband didn’t experience all of the symptoms. Here a more detailed list:
- Drop in energy
- Low libido
- Erection difficulties
- Weight gain
- Reduced muscle mass
- Loss of body hair
- Night sweats and hot flashes.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, seek more information on low testosterone.